* Including the Free Video Resource with Scott Rideout.
Maintaining a healthy church staff is a challenge in the best of times. The world we live in today makes that job even more difficult. In a recent LifeSupport Podcast, we were joined by Scott Rideout, President of the Converge movement of churches. Scott shared these 4 key strategies to help your team stay mentally and emotionally healthy to do the work of ministry.
Avoid Decision Fatigue
- You don’t need to make every decision. Let your team help you.
- Innovation has a price tag. Moving forward may feel expensive but if you have the resources it’s always okay to pay a fair price for something of value.
Focus On Advancing The Gospel
- The gospel work of your church starts with your team. If your team isn’t healthy, your church can’t flourish. Enlist the Body in new ways to fortify your team.
- Empower you team to help the people of your church step into opportunities to scatter your ministry into the community.
- Make the most of your meeting times.
- Connect to God, to each other, to training, and to mission.
Have The Right Mindset
3 foundational attitudes (to have and to model) for ministry survival
- Humility – It’s okay to not have all the answers.
- Gratefulness – Focus on what you have and model joy.
- Generosity – As a team, you are living for something bigger than yourselves.
A Free Video Resource
We Can Help You Equip Your Healthy Church Staff
The LifeSupport Library of resources has been built in consultation with church leaders like you, along with a team of Christian mental health professionals to bring you practicaltools to help you equip others for ministry. Contact us if you are looking for resources you can’t find on our site.
Looking For Ways To Engage Your Church For Care?
Our Worst Loss Conference is designed specifically for church staff and ministry leaders to help you create a culture of support that engages your church to come alongside those who are going through pain and suffering.